Friday 27 November 2009

More Magnolia


Oh my goodness my posts are getting later and later aren't they??  I had to go out this morning to do some mundane shopping bits and it took so much longer than anticipated that I am now only getting around to some computer stuff!!  Before I get too engrossed in all that I have to do I thought I'd better start by showing you a card that I did the other weekend when I was demonstrating with the new Magnolia Christmas stamps and the Copic pens at The Glitter Pot.  I quite like this card as I think it looks as if she is perching on the top of the background paper and she certainly looks quite Christmassy in her Santa's hat!

All the other stamps that you can see on this card (including the wording) come from the Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly clear stamp set.  The background paper is by Fancy Pants and has most definitely been one of my favourites to use this year.  To get the white highlights on Tilda I used the Ranger Inkssentials White Opaque pen as I have found that this gives a really good dense white.  (If I get time I think I might make some duplicates of this card as well for some of my Christmas cards this year!!) All products can be obtained from The Glitter Pot.

************

Before I disappear again for today I just want to remind you all that Jill (from The Stamp Man) will be live on Ideal World tomorrow at 12 midday along with Tracy (another Stamp Man stamp designer) so don't forget to tune in or to set your boxes as I am sure that they will have got some wonderful demos lined up for you to see!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

She's lovely in her Santa's hat, Kay. I like the way she's so bright on the more muted background, she really stands out.
Have a lovely weekend.

Lisax

Kay Carley said...

Thanks very much Lisa. You have a good weekend too!!

Kay xx