Thursday 12 November 2009

Having Fun!!

Morning everyone. I just can't tell you what a lovely time I have been having over these last few days!! As you will know from previous posts I am no longer mega busy with work stuff and so for the last few days I have been playing around with my Design Team stuff that I received from The Craft Barn and I have really enjoyed myself. Now that the pressure is off I am being able to go into my craft room because I want to rather than because I have to and it is soooooooooo nice!! This is one of the cards that I've come up with over the last couple of days. The main image is by Motivet which is available from The Craft Barn. To see the other cards that I have done you will have to check out The Craft Barn's blog on a regular basis to see when they are loaded up!!


Meanwhile here is a brief run down of this card. The main image was stamped with Starlite Black Brilliance and coloured using Copics. The background stamps that you see are from a clear stamp set by Hero Arts (available from The Glitter Pot) and the wording is an old Penny Black stamp and I don't know if this is still available or not!! As you can see I have stamped Bazzill card using the snowflakes off of the Hero Arts set and also stamped onto acetate too using white, Stone Grey and black StazOn. The panels of background paper are by SEI, from their Winter Song range and this too is from The Craft Barn. Anyway I hope you like it!!

Unfortunately my play days are now over as this morning I received the stamps that I am demoing with on Saturday so I now need to put my work head back on and start preparing!! Still it was fun while it lasted!!!

Also I have now finished reading Breaking Dawn so I'm now bereft. It was very good - I'm just sad that it has now ended!! Perhaps to console myself I'll read the Harry Potter books again over the Christmas period!

5 comments:

lisa said...

Hi Kay. I'm glad you're getting some time to relax. It must be nice to create just because you want too, you don't get much chance to do that do you. I love all your cards, that goes without saying and the Foresever Friends teddies are beautiful. They are always one of my favourites, think it was because we were brought up with them.
Enjoy!!!

Lisax

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Great background on the card and cute image.

Shame I don't live closer to the Glitter Pot or I could pop along for one of your demos.

I've got tomorrow off work, so I am determined to make some Christmas cards. But I also need to sort out finance for a new car. The head gaskett is on the way out in our Rover. I've been told by the garage not to use it to drive to work - a big pain. Luckily I can get a train almost to the doorstep of where I work, but it's so expensive. I'm test driving a couple of cars over the weekend. Fingers crossed I don't prang them!

Hugs, Pauline

Kay Carley said...

Hi Guys. Thanks so much for your kind comments. I am actually hoping to find some time in the next few weeks to make my own Christmas Cards this year which will be fun!! Talking of fun it sounds as if Pauline will be enjoying herself test driving some new cars!!

Enjoy your weekend guys.

Kay xx

Sharon G said...

Hi Kay

I know how you feel about the Twilight saga - I am halfway through the 3rd book and dragging it out as long as I can. There is another book out by Stephanie Meyer though - it's called 'The Host' and you can get it in paperback......might be worth a try!!

PS - Do you know when your colouring techniques DVD will be coming out??

Sharon G

Kay Carley said...

Hi Sharon. I'm hoping that perhaps I'll get The Host for Christmas.

The Colouring Techniques DVD is available now. If you click on The Stamp Man's link on the left side of my blog you will find a link to all three of the DVD's on their homepage.

Kay xx