Saturday 28 November 2009

More Lilac!!


Morning guys.  The sun is actually shining here on the south east coast but I don't know for how much longer as yet more rain and wind is forecast for our area over the next few days!!  Like we need it!!!!

Anyway with the thought of all that gloomy weather I thought I'd post up a nice cheerful looking card - again which goes nicely with my new blog background!!

Quite a simple card this one as I just stamped the poinsettia 3 times and then coloured it using Sakura Stardust pens and a water brush.  The background was mainly stamped using Versamark with the grey images being stamped in Brilliance Starlite Black.  All the images are by Denami and can be purchased from Stamp Addicts.

**************

My thanks to everyone who has entered and enquired about my Christmas Card competition so far - I can't believe how quick off the mark some of you have been as cards have already been arriving which is great!! Please keep them coming as I am loving seeing what you have done!

Talking of competitions The Craft Barn are currently running a card competition too where you can win some Kadoodle Stamps. Click here to check it out!

3 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Gorgeous,
yes it is a nice and cheerful card
My favourite colour as well,
Hugs
Angie

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

What a refreshing change to see something other than Christmas cards. Though I do like the Tilda card posted the other day. I so want my Magnolia winter kit to arrive.

Well...we collected the new car - in the dark and in the rain. It was sad to see the old Rover go. The walnut dash and leather seats were a touch a luxury that cannot be afforded in our new car. But it was sooooo nice to be in car that was not damp on the inside! I have to admit I was more nervous driving the Rover to the garage than driving the new Kia cee'd 2 home. I think my eyes were more on the temperature gauge than on the road, I was so concerned that the head gasket just couldn't 'go' on my last drive in the old girl.

Hugs, Pauline x

Kay Carley said...

Thanks Angie and Pauline.

Hope you enjoy the new car!!

Kay xx