Thursday 5 November 2009

A Helping Hand


Oh my goodness I just don't know where the time has gone this morning!  I  have just looked at the clock and couldn't believe the time so thought I had better do my post now before the time just runs away with me!!

I don't think that I have posted up this particular card before but with all that's been going on I just can't remember!!  This is another of those Penny Black cards that I did for The Glitter Pot's birthday celebrations.  Out of all the Penny Black stamps I was working with this one was most definitely my favourite.  Unlike the cards that I know I have shown you before using this stamp I decided to cut it out and mount it onto my card which really stands it out as it emphasizes the shape of it,

The image was of course coloured using Copics - I just don't want to colour with anything else at the moment!!  All the background stamps that you can see including the wording are by Hero Arts and everything is available from The Glitter Pot.

3 comments:

lisa said...

A lovely card as always Kay. I took note of your computer problems and decided to set mine to back up automatically every week. Problem was I decided to do it at 10.30pm last night and it then decided it would do a full back up which lasted 2 hours. Guess who's very bleary eyed this morning!!

Lisax

Pauline said...

Lovely card Kay. Cutting the image out really makes it 'pop' against the background. It looks like there is a layer of stamped acetate between the image and the background card. Very effective. Hugs, Pauline x

Kay Carley said...

Oh dear Lisa!! I am sorry!!! Unfortunately when you first back up everything it does take a long time as we tend to accumulate a lot of stuff on our computers! The trouble is you just never know when the computer may decide that it has had enough of life!

Hiya Pauline - you are definitely not helping my cause telling me how pretty your Bazzill swatches look!! By the way you are quite right there is a layer of acetate on this card that I stamped using the Hero Arts snowflake and white StazOn.

Kay xx