Tuesday 24 November 2009

Lilac,Lilac Everywhere!!


Morning everyone.  As you can see I had time to trawl the internet over the weekend looking for a new blog background as I had got bored with the other one and when I came across this one I looked no more as it is just so ME!!  What with it being lilac and flowery I just had to have it!!  I do hope that you like it too.

To celebrate my new lilac/flowery background I thought I'd post up a lilac card to match - although admittedly it isn't flowery but Christmassy instead!!

This is a card that I actually did several months ago now for the Stevenage show.  The stamp is from the Mimi range by Denami and was coloured using Polycolour pencils and Stardust pens.  The background was achieved using another Denami stamp of some swirly dots and I stamped the wording (Printworks) three times across the base of the card to make a border.  All of these products and materials are available from Stamp Addicts.

*************

For the last couple of days I have been beavering away on my latest submission for Craft Stamper which is now almost finished.  I just have the text left to do and the step-by-step components and then I am hoping to get back to making some Christmas cards for me to send.  After re-discovering this card above I am thinking that perhaps I might duplicate it for some of my cards, as this year I am doing a few different designs so that I don't get bored!

By the way as of today I have ordered that desktop tote that I've been going on about so my sincere thanks to everyone who helped me out with this.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

By the way this week The Craft Barn are having a Christmas Week over on their blog where they will be posting up several Christmas Cards each day and it is also where you will find some more of my card samples so why don't you hop on over and take a look!

4 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Hi Babe xxx
hope you are ok and your wist is ok with the weather xxx
stunning cards as always ,love this one so girly and lilac xxxx
thanks for stopping by it means alot xxxx
takecare
hugs Dawnxxx

Christine said...

Hi Kay,
I love your new look Blog, as you know Lilac is my favourite colour. The background is so like your own designs. Beautiful card too.
Hugs
Christine xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Ladies. Thanks so much for your kind comments.

I agree with you Christine about the background - it makes me feel like doodling again!!

Kay xx

lisa said...

Hi Kay. I love your new blog look, it really suits you. I've been looking for ages but just can't find the right thing, think I'm far too fussy!
Your card is gorgeous too. Matches perfectly.

Lisax