Sunday 12 April 2009

Oh Dear!!

Hi guys. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments you left on yesterdays post. Originally I was going to upload the other elephant card that we did on that class but I have decided to save it until tomorrow instead.

As you already know I was supposed to be working all over this weekend but it seems that my body has had other ideas! Yesterday my right hand was a bit tender and today it has decided to swell up and become a lot more painful - so much so that I can hardly grip anything!! (For those of you who don't know I have a form of Rheumatoid Arthritis.) So unfortunately it means I am not going to be able to get on with stuff today. So it seems that I'll have to spend the day taking anti-inflammatories and treating my hand with ice and see if I can get the swelling down so that I can resume tomorrow. Meanwhile has anyone tried to wash their hair one-handed?? It's not that easy! I've now got the task of trying to blow dry it! Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh Kay xxx i am so sorry babe xxx
i wish i could help you even if it was to do your hair lolxxxx (i was a hair dresser)
do hope you feel better soon xxx
huge hugs Dawnxxx

Kay Carley said...

Many thanks Dawn. It's a shame you don't live round the corner as I'd take you up on that! All I can say is that it is a good job I don't have to go out today with the state my hair is in!! xx

craftimamma said...

You have my sympathies Kay. My husband has a similar problem linked to rheumatoid arthritis. Luckily he hasn't had an attack for quite some time (I'm touching wood) but I know how problematic, not to mention painful, it is.

Hope your hand is back to normal soon.

Lesley X

KimberlyO said...

Oooh... I can relate. I've had RA now for about eight years, with the last two years of it being in remission finally. Mine has also started acting up again too. It's weird though, it's in my thumb joints way down by my wrists. (I'm amazed how how often a person uses their thumbs!)

I hope your TLC helps your hand get better!

Kimberly