Sunday 26 April 2009

Denami Flowers

This card was created some time ago now for one of my workshops that I did at Stamp Addicts. For this card I used a set of stamps by Denami Design. I shrunk translucent squares of shrink plastic, inked the stamps and stamped each one in turn into the shrink plastic while it was still warm to create a debossed effect.

I will be at Stamp Addicts for the first time this year holding a workshop on Friday May 29th and we are thinking that perhaps I will use the new Judikins girl stamps, so if anyone fancies it do book on - it would be great to see you!

4 comments:

lisa said...

This is a lovely card Kay, but I can't work out how you got the different colours onto the plastic if it was stamped after being shrunk, did you also colour the images in after stamping? I am very intrigued!!

Lisax

Kay Carley said...

Hi Lisa,

Being that this is a'class' card I shouldn't really tell you but as this is probably about a year old I'll make an exception!!

The plastic was shrunk first, the stamps were inked with black StazOn and then stamped into the plastic while it was still hot. I then simply coloured them in afterwards with Zig Brushable pens and lightly heat set. (Don't heat set for too long otherwise the plastic will become soft and you'll lost the debossed effect.) Or nowadays you could colour with light coloured alcohol inks and these wouldn't need heat setting or Copics.

Kay x

lisa said...

Kay that's great. thanks so much for clearing that up for me. I must go and have a go at that. By the way, there's a little something to say thank you on my blog.

Lisax

Daisy Chain said...

Hi Kay.

Love this technique. The colours are lovely too. So inspiring and different.

Hugs Debbie xx