Wednesday 30 December 2009

Back To Being Busy!!

Hi everyone.  Just thought I'd pop on to let you know that I am not ignoring everybody - am just busy trying to get a few commitments done!!  I'll see if I can get some cards loaded up very soon!

Meanwhile my thanks to everyone who has left such lovely comments under The Blog Hop post - even though I know you're only commenting because of the candy it has been so nice to read such lovely things!  Talking of which if you are here for The Blog Hop, just scroll down a bit!!

I have heard from Nicola who has said she would like the Colouring Techniques DVD so just bear with me and I'll get this sent out to you in the next few days.  (I've promised myself that I am not leaving the house until I've done my project!! Lol!!)

By the way I have just got to tell you this as Mum and I have set a new personal record!!  Every year we hit the January sales within a few days after Christmas and always come back laden with bargains which we have great delight in showing each other.  (Even though we go together we don't always see what the other has bought at the time.)  Well this year we couldn't wait to hit the shops (as normal) but at the end of 3 hours we had had enough - which is MOST unlike us!!  (Although I think that both of us are starting to hate the crowds more and more.)  And here comes the personal record bit.......................................we came home with nothing!!  Neither of us!!!!!

7 comments:

lisa said...

Hi Kay
Fancy not buying anything in the sales. I hate the crowds too and we only went for an hour but I managed a pair of shoes , a top and a calender!!!!!
Just popping on to wish you a very Happy New Year.
See you in 2010.

Lisax

Littleminx said...

Hi Kay

Our willpower was not as good as yours! My Mum and I managed to pick up a few bits, but were not there long as we just got fed up with all the grumpy people! I understand its been a hard year for everyone, but really manners cost nothing!!
Thanks for your Xmas wishes and i wish you all the best for 2010.
Hugs
Sara

Christine said...

A Happy New Year Kay, I received your Stamping DVD this week via Craft Stamper Subscription, however not had chance to watch yet, the blog hop has kept me busy.
Christine xx

craftimamma said...

I hate the crowds too Kay. So much so that I didn't even go to see if I could bag a bargain

The nearest I got to sales was some lovely Moonglow EPs.

Happy New Year!

Lesley Xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Kay and Mum,

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.
Like you, I bought nothing in the sales. My husband bought a pair of shoes and when he went to put them on for work on Monday, he saw that they were two different shades of brown!! He managed to change them for a matching pair yesterday!
Hope to see you sometime at The Barn.
Happy New Year to you both.
Regards,
Carol S.

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Happy New Year!

I was wondering if, with all the snow affecting the country, it had made to your little part of the world?

We're effectively snowed in. But I brought some work home with me. And I can do some online training.

Hugs,

Pauline x

Kay Carley said...

Hi Everyone. My thanks to you all for taking the trouble to leave me comments and letting me know what is happening with you all!!

So sorry that it has taken me a while to respond - been really busy with deadlines.

The snow situation here is currently that we have a light covering of white stuff but not very much. However it is extremely icy underneath the snow and trying to get out of our little lane (where the gritters do not visit) is rather tricky as it is VERY steep at the top!!

Christine - I hope that once you get the time to view the DVD that you like it!!

As for having not bought anything (yet) in the sales - I am hoping to rectify this situation once it has stopped snowing!!

Carol - lovely to hear from you!! Hearing about your husband made me laugh!! Something similar happened to us a few years ago!! Happy New Year to you too and of course to everyone else!

Kay xx