Wednesday 2 December 2009

Last of Tilda

Morning guys.  First of all my sincere thanks to everyone who responded to my question about storing Nestabilities - after receiving your comments I have decided that magnetic sheets (of some description) are obviously a must and I may see if over the Christmas period I can make some sort of book (using my Bind-It All) machine along with the magnetic sheets.  I'll let you know how I get on!!

Now that we are into December I actually WANT to be making Christmas cards - after doing nothing but since July!!  However working within the crafting industry nothing could be that simple and of course within this industry Christmas has been and gone and we are now onto other stuff!!  For instance I am currently working on cards for my next classes at The Glitter Pot which are on the 10th December - being that this is quite close to Christmas and most Christmas cards will have been made by then I am designing cards which are non-Christmassy!!  Once I have fnished those I plan to make a start on my next submission for Craft Stamper which will be for the April issue - so again a non-Christmassy theme for that then!!  See it is a topsy turvy world I live in!


Anyway here is the last of the Tilda cards that I made the other weekend when I was at The Glitter Pot (which is Christmassy).  Tilda was stamped using Graphite Black Brilliance and coloured using Copics, then I lightly rubbed a light blue chalk inkpad around the edges and added some subtle stamping using that same ink.  For the rest of the card I used My Minds Eye background papers which I embellished using the Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly clear stamp set.  I hope you like it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card love the colours !

I have made a booklet/folder using bind-it-all and magnetic sheets for my nesties - it's great !

Kathleen said...

You have the most amazing sense of colour!!

What ideas do you have for the magnetic sheets?

What is a nestie?

Happy New Year

KT

Kay Carley said...

Hi Kathleen,

Magnetic sheets are great for making things like fridge magnets or for storing your Nesties on. Nesties (Nestabilities) are metal dies that come in lots of different 'nesting' shapes ie when you purchase regular oval shaped nestabilities you get about 6 different sized oval metal die templates which will all layer on top of one another. To use you simply choose which size oval you want and then run it through a die-cutting machine such as a Cuttlebug, Sizzix, Big Shot etc... along with some cardstock that you want cut into the shape of an oval. Nestabilities come in lot of different shapes. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the kind words about my eye for colour - really appreciate it!!

Kay xx