Sunday 13 December 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!!


Today I thought I'd show you a few close up photos of my tree after telling you all about the saga of putting it up yesterday.  The photos that I took of the tree as a whole looked absolute rubbish and didn't do the tree justice at all as it looks far prettier in real life!!  These will give you a taster of what it does look like though.



Here's a close up of the cute little snowman from above.

















This bauble is actually silver with white glittery snowflakes.
















And here's one of our snow balls!
















Another of our cute snowmen.














These snowmen baubles have been going for years and are really fragile!!


So as you can see our tree has quite a frosty feel this year.  As well as all the white and silver that you have seen we do have a few light blue/aqua coloured baubles on the tree too.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Gorgeous christmas tree Kay, I love it. You can tell by looking at it you have a flair for arranging and colours. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Christine xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Kay
Tree looks great!
Sorry about my absence won't go into the whys & wherefores, don't want to bore you.
Because of unexpected events I haven't got time to catch up on all the blogging I have missed & am sorry not to be able to make & send a card ---- maybe next year.
Anyway only really dropped by as this is the only time I have to say that Ken & I wish you a very merry Christmas & a very happy, healthy 2010.
Best regards.
a.k.a. Rita

lisa said...

Evening, Kay. Sounds like your tree is a real work of art. The photos look beautiful.
Our tree was done over two days but when my DD gets her hands on the decorations 4 get put on the same branch so lots of secret tweaking goes on!!!!
It's looking beautiful now though and the twinkling lights are so cheerful on these dark cold days, aren't they?
Hope you have a lovely week.

Lisax

Kay Carley said...

Thanks Christine:) I am an absolute nightmare with our tree as I won't let anyone else near it as I'm never satisfied if someone else decorates it! It must be the Virgo in me!

Hey Rita - how lovely to hear from you!! I too wish you and Ken a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Hi Lisa - I agree having a tree twinkling at this time of year is quite magical isn't it? Especially with the cold, dark days!!

Kay xx