Tuesday 15 December 2009

Frost!!

In my last post I was saying that our Christmas tree has a 'frosty feel' to it well now we have got frost for real!!  It seems that the weather here has finally decided to become 'seasonal' and we had quite a hard frost last night - infact the fields and roofs are still covered with it!  Brrrrrrrrr!!


Actually it is really nice to see, as everywhere is sparkling at the moment!

So in honour of the cold I have decided to load up a cold looking card that I did some time ago in shades of blue.  These stamps are all by Denami Design and what I really like about these trees is that they are so quick to colour!  For this card I used a single tree and just stamped it 5 times and staggered them slightly so that they didn't look too rigid then coloured them using the Sakura Stardust pens. The snow mounds at the base of the trees were created with a light blue marker and softened with a water brush. All the stamps that you can see on this card are available from Stamp Addicts.

This afternoon I have been roped in to drive Mum around Bexhill so that she can hand deliver some of her Christmas Cards so I think that I will be wrapping up warm before I set foot outside my front door!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, the winter weather is sure kicking in now. I had to scrape ice of the new car the other day.

Had a nice long weekend off work and managed to complete the present buying. Fortunately Nick buys all the presents for the nieces and nephews.

Still got some cards to make.

Love the simplicity of this card and the almost tone on tone colour combo.

Hugs, Pauline x

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline,

There's been plenty of frost and ice here over the last few nights but no snow as yet although they are still saying that we will get some!!

Glad you liked the card.

I've bought all my presents and have started wrapping them at long last - my least favourite job!!

Kay xx