Monday 14 September 2009

Having A Chat!

Well The Craft Barn's Extravaganza Weekend is now over with and I can return to normality (whatever that is!) for a little while!! I'd just like to thank everyone who stopped by my table over the course of the weekend to say Hi to me. It really was SO nice to meet you all and also to put faces to names!

My sincere thanks to those of you who gave me such lovely positive feedback. It is really nice for me to hear that I have been able to inspire or help some of you. (It really does make all the hard work worth while!)

As you can see I have posted up another card using a different snowman image. This is still Herb but this time he is having a heartfelt chat with the robin. This particular stamp was the most popular out of all of the Herb range of snowman stamps by Whiff Of Joy over the course of the weekend. The Craft Barn still have ALL of them in stock though (as they ordered loads to be on the safe side!) so if any of you must have him you know where to go! Unfortunately though The Craft Barn are not allowed to show the stamps on their website but if you go to Whiff Of Joy's website you can see the full range of Herb stamps and then contact The Craft Barn on 01342 836398 to order them.

As I was colouring with the Copics and because I didn't want a harsh black outline I stamped him out in Brilliance Starlite Black which is a soft grey and then coloured him using the Copic Ciaos first and added the Copic Spicas here and there for some shimmery accents, which I don't think the scanner picked up on! The background papers are absolutely gorgeous and are by SEI - these particular ones are from their Christmas Mint range and can also be found at The Craft Barn. I don't normally go for this type of colour scheme for my Christmas cards but I must say that I am very tempted to this year.

Anyway I hope you like it! There will be more to follow in the next few days...........

By the way if any of you live close enough and feel like coming along to my class this coming Saturday at The Craft Barn, you will be able to make a couple of cards using two other versions of the delightful Herb snowman stamps as there are still a couple of places left!

No comments: