Saturday 13 June 2009

Pretty In Peach

I know that you have all been eagerly awaiting to see what I have created using my new stamp sheets so I have decided to carry on showing you what I will be sending on up to Jill.

For this one I have made my own backgrounds. The background on the left was made first of all with Mermaid Seashells Starburst Stains and allowed to dry. Then it was trimmed to size and stuck to the left side of a plain Bazzill green panel. Next using stamps from my flourish sheet I first randomly stamped and embossed a flourish all over the panels using Versamark and Crystal embossing powder, then I stamped a different flourish around the top left and bottom right corners of the card using Timber Brown StazOn. I stamped little dots (from the Flourish sheet) onto the Mermaid Seashell panel only, using the same inkpad, stamping 2 or 3 times before re-inking so as to get lighter and darker dots. Then finally using the delicate flourish I stamped this in Brilliance Graphite Black around the edge of the card. The Timber Brown inkpad was then used to ink the edges of the card.

The flowers (from the Funky Flowers stamp sheet) were stamped onto white card with Brilliance Graphite Black and coloured. Once all the colouring had been done I took one of the flourishes (from the Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet) and repeatedly stamped all over the flowers and surrounding white area with Versamark and embossed with Crystal embossing powder. In the top left and bottom right corners of the panel I stamped a different flourish using Brilliance Starlight Black.

Once again you are not getting the effect of both the Crystal glitter glue that I added to the flower panel or the Crystal embossing powder so it does look prettier in real life. As Jill said in her comment under yesterday's post if anyone is attending the Doncaster show next weekend, Jill will have the cards up on display for you to see them in real life.

(By the way I haven't finished showing you all the cards yet that I did for Stamp Addicts and I will continue showing these to you as well inbetween showing these latest cards.)

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Yet again an absolutely gorgeous card! love popping to your blog, your such an inspiration, just wanted to thank you
Nicki
x
http://indicards.blogspot.com/

lisa said...

This is great Kay and thanks for sharing how you created it in such detail. I love those flourishes used for a background, they work so well.
The mermaid seashells is beautiful too, so delicate. I thought I'd chosen which themeplate I liked best but now I keep changing my mind-Oh Dear!!

Lisax

Christine said...

Kay, another gorgeous card, everything you do looks so special and this range of your stamps is beautiful.
I love your colourways.
Hugs
Christine xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Guys.

Thank you SO much for such lovely comments - all 3 really made me smile.

I am just SO pleased that you like what I do.

Thank you very much.

Kay xx