Sunday 14 June 2009

Another Card For Jill

Morning Everyone. My sincere thanks to all those who have been commenting recently - I have been receiving some lovely comments and I can't tell you how nice it is so thank you!!

So here is another card that will be winging its way up to Yorkshire. For this card I used one of the flowers off of the Funky Flowers sheet and all the flourishes and wording came from the Fancy Flourish sheet. (To see all the designs on both of these sheets take a look at my sidebar.)

The background of the card started off as 2 plain pieces of Bazzill card that I first stamped and embossed with one of the flourishes using Versamark and Crystal embossing powder then I picked a different flourish and stamped around the edge of the card using Brilliance Starlite Black and lastly picked the fine flourish and stamped around the top left corner and bottom right corner with Brilliance Graphite Black. The wording was stamped with Timber Brown StazOn.

The flower panel was done in the same way as for the last post in that I stamped and coloured my flowers first and then using the fine flourish I stamped and embossed over the whole panel using Versamark and Crystal embossing powder. I picked a more solid flourish to stamp in the top left and bottom right corners of the panel using the Starlite Black inkpad. Crystal glitter glue was then added sparingly to the flower design but once again the scanner hasn't picked up the sparkle.

You'll find as I load more of the cards up that they have all been made in the same way as I wanted to show you why I designed the flourish stamp sheet as I did. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

beautiful and have had to go over to the stamp man site now to find these stamps! youve tempted me a bit to much with these!
Nicki
x

Kay Carley said...

Oh thank you Nicki.

I am sure you won't be disappointed. Do let me know if you make anything with them as I would love to see what you do.

Kay xx