Monday 2 August 2010

Time For A Break

Hi guys.  Thanks so much to all of you who have been leaving me such lovely comments recently - I have had great pleasure in reading them!

Today I thought I'd share one of the cards that we made on my class at The Craft Barn back in June using the Tea Time stamp by Belles and Whistles along with Copic markers.  I must say that everyone on the class did an excellent job with their colouring.

As I'm sure some of you are aware, Belles and Whistles recently launched some more stamps(!! ) -some of which I've been lucky enough to receive in my DT pack from The Craft Barn - I really can't wait to ink them up! (Click here to view the range.)

Anyway back to this card!  The dotty papers are from the Double Dots range by Bo Bunny and as you can see I used my favourite Floral Lace punch by Martha Stewart to add some interest to the dp.  The dotty flourish and wording are from my Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet.

The large circle and scallop circle were cut using Nestabilities dies. I stamped Tea Time with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured her using Copic Ciaos first and then added some of the Copic Spicas for some subtle shimmer.

You can see the colouring a bit better in this photo. Once the card had been put together I gave it a light misting with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist.

All products used came from The Craft Barn.

COPIC COLOURS
W1, W3 and W5 Warm Greys, E47 Dark Brown, E43 Dull Ivory, E50 Egg Shell, E31 Brick Beige, E11 Barely Beige, E00 Skin White, E35 Chamois, YR20 Yellowish Shade, R20 Blush, R27 Cadmium Red, R22 Light Prawn, R00 Pinkish White, YR02 Light Orange, YR00 Powder Pink, Y06 Yellow, YG67 Moss, YG63 Pea Green, G21 Lime Green, YG11 Mignonette, B63 Light Hydrangea, B60 Pale Blue Grey, 0 Blender

SPICA COLOURS
Sand, Silver, Red and Clear

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card Kay:) xx

Bluefairy4U said...

My Kay its taken a long time to post this one. Hope you and you mum are well. I cannot wait to see your new stamps inked up I will be so envious. Lots of Love Jo. XXX

Rita said...

Kay, I just love your work and those stamps are adorable. TFS. Hugs Rita xxx

craftymum said...

Hi Kay
this is so gorgeous. Love how you have coloured it
Love sarah x

lisa said...

Gorgeous card. I love her sat there drinking tea. That's just what I'd like to do!!
She's beautifully coloured and the card layout is stunning as always.
Your CS article was really interesting. I have read and re read it.
Hope the weather has been behaving down your way. Not sure where Summer has gone to at the minute. I am trying to get all my washing done ready for hols but it keeps raining!!!
Have a great week.
Hugs Lisax

chris said...

Hi Kay, this is fabulous. I love your artwork, perfect as usual.
hugs chris xx

there is a gang of us trying to arrange to come over to see you demoing, dont know if it will come off or not, fingers crossed

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, lovely card, very pretty, love the colour combo.

Thanks for IT woes sympathy. It'll be a weekend job getting the data transfered etc The one positive thing is that through a 'Home Use Programme' at work I can purchase & download MS Office 2010 for only £8.95. Need to do this week, so I easily manage my emails. Though I have webmail, I prefer to use Outlook to manage them.

Hugs, Pauline x

Julie said...

Love the colour combinations on this card. She is such a cute image, why do you keep tempting me, lol? xxx

pink lady said...

What a beautiful card, the image is gorgeous and the colouring is fantastic x

Sarn said...

Another fab card . . . as always! Cute image and the colouring-in is brilliant.

Emma and Susan said...

Gorgeous card sweetie! We love this adorable image and your colouring is just beautiful!
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

craftypat said...

Lovely card as expected kay,
really looking forward to joining
you for some copic colouring this
Saturday at The Glitter pot
Pat x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Kay. S x