Friday 13 August 2010

Anything Goes Easel Card

Hi guys.  Well it's time for another Stamp Man Challenge and this time we want to see your easel cards.  The theme for this is Anything Goes so the subject matter is entirely up to you - the only criteria is that it needs to be an easel card.

This is the one that I made for this challenge and is actually my first easel card ever!!  I like the idea of easel cards - I just don't get the time to play around and do them as they are a little bit more work than a normal card.

The stamps are all from my Funky Frames stamp sheet and the paper is Arabella by Basic Grey.  Both of which came from The Stamp Man.  For this card I just had to use my Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly and Floral Lace edging punches too as they went so well with the stamps - both of these are from The Craft Barn.  Infact it seems I went a bit 'punch mad' as I also used my EK Success Flourish punch and Retro Flowers. (The Hobby House)

Here's a closer look at the main panel of the card.  As you can see I used the flourish (from the Funky Frames sheet) to stamp onto the background of the card to add some interest using both a Versamark inkpad and a Starlite Black Brilliance inkpad.

I didn't have any ribbon to match my card so I simply took one of my green Copic markers and used the chisel end to colour a length of white ribbon.  These markers are just SO handy!!  Not only do I colour ribbon with them but also things like pearls and gemstones when I don't have the right colour to match my card.  (Jill - take note you should definitely stock these!!  LOL!!)  This time around I had the perfect match with my gemstones though which came from The Hobby House.

So no prizes for guessing what I coloured my image with!!  What can I say.....................I just LOVE the crisp, clean, printed look that can be achieved with the Copic markers.  You just don't get this with any of the other colouring mediums.  I am most definitely hooked on them!! (I'm afraid I didn't make a note of the colours I used for this though so no numbers this time!)  I  managed to get my hands on some Craftwork Cards Digital Smooth White card (which I used on this card) and I must say that the Copic markers blended really easily on it.  It's really affordable too - retailing at £9.95 for a pack of 50 A4 sheets! 

So don't forget to head on over to The Stamp Man's Challenge Blog to find out how to enter this challenge and to check out all the wonderful samples that the rest of the DT made.

13 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card Kay, so much detailed work in this one! It's beautiful:)
I too love my copics!
Hope you have a lovely weekend:) xx

craftymum said...

Hi Kay
just been catching up on your posts. Some beautiful cards again.Thanks for visiting me. I am away for 2 weeks so will catch up with you again then. I have scheduled some post. I hope it works!!!
I am also having withdrawal symptoms. My local Hobbycraft haven't received their quota of Craft Stamper, my fave mag. So glad I have your blog to look at!
LOve sarah x

Sally H said...

It's a stunner, Kay! I love the colours that you have used. Warm tones. Have a good weekend x

Craftnut said...

Wow kay - this is beautiful. Tracy x

Julie said...

Beautiful blend of colours Kay and a really wow card. xxx

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Kay, lovely card cannot believe its your first Easel card you have done wonders with it. Lovely colours as usual love the Punches as well. See you soon, lots of love JO.xxx

chris said...

Hi kay, such a GORGEOUS work of art, I love the earthy colours, its perfect. hugs chris xx

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Simply gorgeous card. Very light and delicate in the colour combo. Have you coloured in 'behind' the floral punch outs to achieve the darkness?

Sorry to hear about the spinal deformity. My Mum suffered with scoliosis. Hope you've been able to rest recently.

In answer to your Q about the new laptop, I have finally today transferred all the data from the external hard disk to my account and to Nick's account including importing from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 and restoring Firefox bookmarks from the backups. Hooray I have all my fav crafty links again.

I'm slowly getting used to Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Some things are the same and some things are very different.

Had the day off work yesterday and finally got round to watching the double dvd on 'Colouring Techniques'. Recognised some of the cards. You make it all look so easy!

Hugs, Pauline x

Anonymous said...

A truly beautiful card.....I love your designs, only wish I had your flair!! x

Rita said...

This is just so artistic Kay. I just love how you have put it all to-gether. Hugs Rita xxx

brenda said...

Hi Kay

What a fabulous blend of colours, super work.

B x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Kay, love the delicate colours...

x
Vicky

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline - well it sounds as if you are now VERY up to date with all your software - I'm VERY jealous of you having Office 2010!!

Glad you liked the Colouring DVD. Like anything it is just practice using the different colouring mediums. In my line of work I get lots of practice when demoing!!

xx