Wednesday 18 August 2010

Watering The Flowers

Hi guys.  Sorry for being absent for a few days, but you know what it's like!!

Today I thought I'd enter this card into the Belles 'n' Whistles Warm Colours Challenge.  The main image is of course a Belles 'n' Whistles stamp called 'Watering', the papers are from the Double Dots range by Bo Bunny, the flowers are a mixture of Petaloo and punched out flowers and the flourishes and wording (stamped in Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink) are from my Fancy Flourish stamp sheet.

I tinted the paper Petaloo flowers using a light orange coloured Copic so that they matched the card.

I stamped the main image using a black Versafine inkpad onto watercolour paper and coloured her using Distress Inkpads - Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters and Pumice Stone.

All of the products mentioned came from The Craft Barn.

Talking of Belles 'n' Whistles - for those of you who haven't seen it yet I have got a 4 page project in the (current) September issue of Craft Stamper using some of these delightful stamps along with Copic markers. The project concentrates on showing you different ways of grounding your imagery to give a more realistic result to standing/kneeling figures and in the next  issue  of the magazine (October), I have an article showing you a few more tricks on how to 'ground' sitting figures too.

13 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Kay, you really made me giggle, you're perfectly correct of course the mess is all me:D He he he!
Your card is lovely and congrats on your 4 page spread, I must get myself a copy, have fun:D xxx

Bluefairy4U said...

Morning Kay, lovely card. Hope you win. Getting withdrawal symptoms like I haven't seen you for ages. Hope your well. Of course I have the September issue of Craft Stamper cannot wait for October issue. love to all Joxxxx

Rita said...

This ia a darling image Kay, I love it and look forward to my October SC coming in. Hugs Rita xxx

Sally H said...

Absolutely beautiful! I have had a good read of your craft stamper article. Brilliant work. I'm off to tidy my desk before starting another project.

chris said...

Hi Kaye, I could do with some grounding!! off to the news agents bye!

No seriously, I ADORE this card,, its so pretty and Gorgeous, love your artwork, I won't call it
colouring!
No I am not up a ladder some where, I have got hubby at home and we are doing all those naff jobs that you have to do when you have a home, yawn.
but hopefully some playtime next week as i havent got anything planned, I love it when its that way.
hopefully tomorrow I will find craft stamper somewhere, hope so, back soon love chris xx

brenda said...

Hi Kay

That image is adorable, really super work as always and adore the colours.

B x

Lou said...

Hi! Kay i love this card,very pretty colours and papers.
I did think of you at the weekend with being just over an hour down the road at Stevenage show and would have loved to see you:)
Just had a bit of catching up to do from our holiday.
Hope you are ok? and had a great show.
take care,hugs Lou.xx

Faye said...

Ooooh scrummy colouring! This is my first visit here, but I will defo be back! x

Julie said...

Isn't she lovely? Beautiful card Kay and superb colouring. Really enjoyed the article in Craft Stamper and looking forward to next month's. xxx

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Gorgeous card. Loved the article in Craft Stamper. Look forward to October issue.

I may ink up some of my 'Belles' to use on some cards that I'm planning to make over the weekend.

Hope the back is easing up, hugs, Pauline x

Jodi said...

A sweet image choice for a birthday card!! Pretty flowers too!! Thanks for joining us at Belles n' Whistles!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Elise said...

wow wow wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love your colouring and the colors you've chosen! Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Belles 'n Whistles!

Hugs,
Elise

Kathy said...

Adorable card!! I just adore this image Kay and your coloring really brings her to life!! So cute!
Thanks so much for playing along with us and hope you can join in the new one tomorrow!
:)Kathy