Saturday 21 August 2010

Been Buying!

Hi guys.  Sorry I haven't been posting this week but it has been all go here.

Today I thought I'd share my 'buying sins' with you!  Why is it that I have a craft room filled to overflowing but it doesn't prevent me from buying and wanting more stuff??  One of these days I really must have a good turf out otherwise soon the walls will be bulging where I can't cram anything more into my room!!

As you know I was demoing at the Stevenage Show last Sunday and I was able to have a very quick look around and so stumbled across a few items which then fell into my hand!  Strange how that happens isn't it??

First up are these punches which I'm unable to remember which stall they came from - sorry!!  They are widely available though.  The punch on the right punches out the shape and then you put it into the punch on the left and it embosses it.  Of course I just had to have both sizes of these flower punches and then thought the stamen punch would be handy too!  Wish they did snowflakes in these.

Next door to the 'punch stall' was Stamps and Memories and Wendy had some gorgeous packs of flowers.  (See what I mean?)  Now I know that I have just shown you the punches to punch out my own flowers but this doesn't stop me buying pre-done ones I'm afraid, especially when they've already got their own gemstone centres!  Being white means that I can colour them to match any project too!

The blue packet is my favourite as the flowers are all glittery................. see!!  (How could I resist?)

Now I just love embellishments and wanted to make sure that I found time to visit The Hobby House as I just love their packs of rhinestones and pearls.  In my opinion you can NEVER have too many!  I wasn't banking on them also having lots of packs of wonderful silver charms too though.............so what was a girl to do....................??

Also came across these wonderful brads which is something else that I feel you can't have too many of.  The photo really doesn't do these justice but the actual brads are silver coloured with different coloured middles such as purple, blue, yellow, green etc.... I got the smaller brads in pastel and bright colours and the middle sized brads in pastel colours too and then some wonderful spacers for the brads to sit in.  (Oh The Hobby House has a lot to answer for - lol!!)

It seems on that day my resistance to lovely things was VERY low as I came across the Fantastic Ribbons stall too and yes you've guessed it..............I just LOVE ribbon as well........................Actually it seems that I LOVE everything doesn't it?  Stamps, papers, embellishments..........................I LOVE IT ALL!!  LOL!!!  So I really think it best that I don't even mention what came through the post this week!!

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

11 comments:

Larisa said...

Kay, so many great and good items you have been buying!!! The ribbons are so beautiful! I hope you can make a lot of cards with that all. Congratulations! You are really a lucky girl!
Would you punch some flowers with your punches for me? I am grateful a lot!!

Mags said...

What a lovely haul! and as for those ribbons - could stroke those for hours!

Mags

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

What lovely new stash you've got. It's amazing how things just happen to fall into in a basket. The Hobby House pearls and rhinestones are lush. Have just a few (!) packs myself. The ribbons look gorgeous. Can't go wrong with polka dots.

I've just placed my final order with Cornish Heritage Farms. The last stamps available (including some of their Thomas Kinkdade licenced line)were listed this morning before they close the business.

Annoyingly their closing sale started the weekend the PC crashed and so I missed out on some of the stamps I was after (not that I need them!). Looking on the positive side, I saved the money.

Have fun playing with your new stash, hugs, Pauline x

Unknown said...

These are mouthwatering purchases, enjoy them hun x Leigh x

Sally H said...

Oh wow! What a lovely lot of stash! Are you going to press them into use straight away? Looking forward to seeing what you make with them x

Lou said...

Hi! what lovely new crafty bits,love all those charms and very pretty ribbons.
thanks for the show and tell.
hugs Lou.xx

Julie said...

You really have been buying lol! But who could resist such scrumminess! Now if you need someone to help use them ;). ....... ..... I'm sure I can think of a volunteer ;) xxx

Rita said...

Wow, Kay. What a variety of beautiful things you have to play with. We don't even have a craft shop in our town at all. I'm so envious of all your lovely stash. I do have the punches though, and they do make lovely flowers. Enjoy. Hugs Rita xxx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline - it sounds as if you are worse than me with all the buying you do!! And believe me when I say that I take some beating!! Enjoy your new things!! xx

Julie said...

I can't wait to see what you make with all your goodies. I have some of the flowers myself and they are so useful being white. I am trying to save some money to take to Ally Pally and then I see the bad example you set, how am I supposed to resist buying stash? Lol. xxx

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! I genuinely love how it' s easy on my eyes as well as the info are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which should do the trick! Have a nice day!