Wednesday 21 October 2009

Whizzing!!!!!!


Here's another card from that Glitter Pot weekend demo using a Penny Black hedgehog this time instead of the teddies.  I have always really liked the hedgehogs that Penny Black do and have quite a few of them in my collection especially the Christmas ones.

The actual image is just of the hedghog skiing - I added the (Hero Art) trees by doing some simple masking of the hedgehog. Everything was stamped using Starlite Black Brilliance and then coloured using Copic Ciaos and Copic Spicas.

The green background was achieved using a large background stamp by Hero Arts combined with a Versamark inkpad and the wording (also by Hero Arts) was stamped over the top using that Starlite Black inkpad again. I then added a panel of background paper in complementary colours.  Everything is of course available from The Glitter Pot.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Another stunner Kay. I enjoyed your C&C programme today with Jill. Those swirly backgrounds are fantastic, they come across so much better in real life when you can see all the shine. I shall definitely be having a go.
I still haven't bought any of your stamp sheets because I couldn't make up my mind which to go for but after seeing this it'll definitely be the funky flowers. I loved how you made your own design using elements of the flowers.
That long awaited trip to see Jill will have to be made now!!
Can't wait to see the next one.

Lisax

Debbie Dolphin said...

just watched the show kay.i forgot to sky plus it yesterday,but luckily it was on again last night.I thought it was really good and both your demos were really good too.You both look so much at ease now and not a bit nervous anymore.proper experts now!lol
Well done
debbie xxx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Lisa and Debbie. Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. I am glad that you both enjoyed the show. I must say that much to my surprise I wasn't nervous at all!! I had thought that perhaps I would be as it has been over a year since I have done any filming there but for some reason I felt quite relaxed!!

Kay xx