Tuesday 25 May 2010

Zesty Flowers

Well guys, I must say that I am truly touched by your faith in me regarding my last post!!  Unfortunately you were all right and I did indeed succumb to one or two (!) things whilst I was at Stamp Addicts.  I have taken a photo but haven't had chance to upload it as yet but I will endeavour to do so in the next few days.  I will truly end up skint at this rate!!  I am hoping that I can do better this weekend at The Glitter Pot!!

So today as I haven't got my 'shopping photos' ready for you yet I thought I'd share a card that we did some while ago now for one of my Glitter Pot classes using my Funky Frames stamp sheet.  This was a more advanced class using Distress Inks as all of the card was made using stamps and inks.  I love to do this but I must admit that more recently I have taken to using pretty background papers quite a lot purely because it is so much quicker!!  However there is always something deeply satisfying about making your own papers and of course by using some of the same colours of Distress Inks to colour with that you've used to make the background means that your imagery will automatically tone in with the rest of your card!

The swirls that you can see on the card itself were taken from my Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet and the wording came from the Funky Frames sheet.  I hope you like it!  With all the lovely sunshine we have been having I thought that the fresh, zesty colours of this card would be most appropriate.  I do hope that wherever you are that you too are enjoying some lovely weather.

3 comments:

Sally H said...

Beautiful! I seem to make far more of my own papers these days. I buy papers and then look at them and put them away again!

Carole said...

lovely , great colours :)

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, love the sunny colour combo. Wonder what fell into the basket at Stamp Addicts then...we will see...

Hugs, Pauline x