Friday 30 April 2010

Scarlett The Teacup Girl in Aqua

Hi guys.  As you can see the blog has been tweaked a little now in order to add a little more colour to it.

Today I thought it would be nice to show you the other card I made using that same Scarlett The Teacup Girl stamp by Stamping Bella that I showed the other day - this time in a colour scheme that is far more me!!

I stamped and embossed two shades of Bazzill cardstock using two different sizes of stamps from my Daisy Flutters un-mounted stamp sheet using a Versamark inkpad and an old embossing powder that I had in my stash called Bridal.  Then I coloured the daisy heads using a clear Copic Spica marker. The wording also came from this same stamp sheet.  The daisy border was done using one of my new Martha Stewart punches called Doily Lace Trim which I thought was the perfect choice to go with the daisies on the image and the background!  The little snippets of paper you can see are from Bo Bunny, the flowers are Prima and the brads came from The Craft Barn.  Then of course there is my Labels Twelve nestabilitie dies that I used for my main image.  (See I do actually get around to using the stuff I buy - eventually!!)

And here is a closer look at Scarlett herself which I stamped with Graphite Black Brilliance and heat set before colouring her with both Copic Ciaos and Copic Spicas to add a little sparkle. To embellish her further I added some self-adhesive pearls to the centres of the daisies, that came from The Craft Barn and then made her sparkle even more with some Stardust glitter glue.  Unfortunately the photo doesn't do her justice!!

Anyway I hope you like her!!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

This is such a cute and pretty card. Love the colour combo. Oh and love the blog makeover.

Hugs, Pauline x

Sally H said...

Very cute, Kay! I love the little pink daisies!

Kay Carley said...

Thanks guys!

Kay xx

Julie said...

What a pretty card, you are so clever with your colour combinations. xxx