Saturday 27 March 2010

Wavy Flowers

Morning everyone.  With all the flowers that are starting to pop up in the gardens now I thought I would share this card with you today that I made a while back for the Stamparama show using the latest release of Denami Design stamps.  As I think I have said before, I really like the clean lines of these images and very little colouring is required making them nice and quick!

Once again the flowers, grass etc... have all been done using the Polycolor pencils along with a Splender pencil. (Lynne - thanks for letting me know that you succumbed to these.  If you ever have any questions regarding them just leave me a comment below any post and I'll try and answer them for you!)

For the rest of the card I stamped and embossed the Large Dot Swirl over the white card front using a Versamark inkpad and Crystal embossing powder and layered a panel of Creative Imaginations/Denim Paisley paper to the base of the card. I then used the Large Dot Swirl again to act as a border along both the top and the bottom of the card. Crystal glitter glue was added to the flowers and leaves to make them sparkle.

Stamps used:
Denami Design stamps - F187 Wavy Stems Trio
                                      PF Whimsical Flowers set
                                     M65 Large Dot Swirls

These can all be bought along with all the other products used from Stamp Addicts.

***********

Jenny - in answer to your question about whether I have any new stamps coming up - the answer is not at present as I've been having a rest from designing!  However The Stamp Man is currently being kept very busy with some new releases by their new designer Tracey Coates. Click here to see them!

3 comments:

mckinkle said...

Hi Kay, lovely clean card, yeah, as you say it is nice to have clear clean lines, it is so stylish.

I really struggle with EP do you recommend one? I think mine are too heavy if that makes sense?

Keryn x

Kay Carley said...

Hi Keryn. You didn't mention what it is that you are currently using but I normally go for Fine Detail EP's or an embossing powder with a clear base with subtle sparkle added to it so that it doesn't look too heavy. My favourite powders I use are Fine Detail Clear, Silver or Gold or clear based powders with glitter added to it such as Crystal, Iridescent Sparkle, Bridal, Kaleidascope etc...

Hope this helps!

Kay xx

Sally H said...

Such a pretty card, Kay. Beautiful colouring!