Monday 1 December 2014

A Frosty Morning

So today my computer has got to go to the 'doctors' as it's not very well!!!!  So just incase it doesn't come back I thought I'd quickly post up a card that I created last year using the fabulous Lavinia Stamps.  Just LOVE this range of stamps and I ended up doing a 'happy dance' when The Craft Barn began stocking them!!

Anyway without further ado here is the extra long card that I created which is A4 folded in half lengthways.

The background was created just by tearing bits of paper and sponged with Distress inkpads.


 As you can see when the card catches the light it really shimmers - this was down to using an Encore Silver metallic inkpad and Stardust embossing powder.

As you can see I chose to stamp the 'outer' trees with the silver inkpad too in order to make them shimmer and give the impression of 'frost'.


Here's a closer look at the middle of the card where you can see I added a touch of shadowing under the horses which was just done with a water brush.

The finishing touch was sprinkling just a little of Stampendous' Shabby White embossing enamel over the whole thing.

Hope you like it!!

All products used are available from The Craft Barn.

3 comments:

brenda said...

Oh dear Kay, I do hope it's not terminal, I had the same earlier this year and know it's a nightmare. And the alternative of a new one with Windows 8 is even worse.

Love all things Lavinia and this is a delight with the soft colour palette and hints of glitter.

B x

Whisper said...

Absolutely stunning hun and i do hope your computer problem is not terminal, Luv Sam x

Julia said...

I was lucky enough to attend your workshop last year at the Craft Barn when we learned how to make this fabulous card. So glad you have shared it on your blog, it is so beautiful.
Julia x