Saturday 11 December 2010

Last Minute Christmas Challenge

Good morning everyone.  Here I am again with my second card as my stint as guest designer for Allsorts. This time the theme is Last Minute Christmas so for this I chose to go with a favourite Penny Black stamp of mine called Christmas Park. Because this is a Brushstroke stamp it is really quick to do as you just colour the stamp with waterbased markers, stamp it out and hey presto you've got a lovely coloured image already for you to mount up!
For the rest of the card I simply tore a piece of Magnolia paper (one of last years designs) and stuck it to a white landscape card and added some scraps of co-ordinating card along with tiny punched out snowflakes.  The wording is also a Penny Black stamp but I omitted the word 'Merry' and just inked up 'Christmas'.  Then of course with it being a Christmas card I added lots of stickles glitter glue!

Here's a closer look at those trees for you.
As you can see I inked them up with blue and purple coloured water-based pens (Tombows) to give a frosty/icy feel to them.

Don't forget to nip on over to the Allsorts Challenge Blog to see the rest of the wonderful cards that the DT have created and also to find out what you can win if you enter!  Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Kay! I love the colours and I adore that stamp.

G Peplow said...

Good morning Kay, well what a stunner! That tree stamp is a beauty, love your card it's beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend:0) xx

brenda said...

Morning Kay

Super use of this lovely stamp.

Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Allsorts this month, it's a delight to have you with us.

B x

craftymum said...

Beautiful card kay. I could see this in a frame on the wall. It is like a watercolour painting
Hugs Sarah x

The Little Stamper said...

Great card and a great idea for that last minute kind of stuff!

Sharon x

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Gorgeous card. Love the subtle colour combo. And the bling really adds that christmassy feel to the image.

Hugs, Pauline x

lisa said...

Hi Kay. How are your Christmas preparations going. Well I hope!!
I love this card. Those brushstoke stamps are gorgeous, they always look great even though, like you say, they are simple to use and to create a good effect with. The blues are beautiful.
Hope you have had a good weekend.
hugs Lisax

Sarn said...

Another lovely creation!

Debs said...

Thanks for a beautiful card for my theme at Allsorts this week.
Great to have you as GD this month.
Debs xx

Julie said...

Love tree stamps and love what you've made with it. I have that stamp and haven't used it for ages, will have to get it out and dust it off now. xxx