Tuesday 1 June 2010

Apple PIckin'

Morning everyone.  As you know I was at The Glitter Pot this last weekend and this is one of my sample cards that I had on display there.  The main image is by Penny Black and is called Hedgy Gift and the swirls and wording are from my Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet. The colouring was done using my fave markers of the moment (Copics) and the stamping of the wording and flourishes was achieved using the Bundled Sage Distress inkpad. (Just LOVE this colour!)  The paper is the reverse side of one of the new Basic Grey papers from the Kioshi collection.

Here's a closer look at the hedgehog panel so that you can see the colouring a little better.  I didn't get the light right when I took this but I added the Clear Spica pen over the top of the apples for some subtle shimmer. Love this pen as it doesn't detract at all from all the colouring and shading you've already done but still adds a gorgeous shimmer when it hits the light. The clear Sakura Stardust pen is just a little too opaque for this for my liking which is why I opt for the Copic Spica when going over shaded colouring.

Anyway hope you like the card!

So I think we can probably guess that I probably at least bought one thing this weekend but just how good or bad do you think I was then????

13 comments:

Craftnut said...

Hi Kay

This is a lovely card. I took the plunge and ordered the teddy set from the glitterpot. I really see potential with it and like the dandelions etc on it.

I can guess it was a good weekend and you bought a few bits!

I am going to sir stamaplot for the first time on the 12th for a workshop - thought i would treat myself so i imagine i will buy a couple of things :o)

Tracy x

chris said...

Hi Kay
stunning card its adorable,I just love those penny black images so so much.

G Peplow said...

Good afternoon Kay, Lovely card again;-D
Interesting comments about the Copic Spica, I haven't tried them yet. I must admit the Sakura clear sparkle has been a bit grey on some projects. Thanks for the advice, think I may just have to invest a little bit more pocket money, the apples on your card look good enough to eat.
Can't imagine you have any more room for more crafty stuff..................have you?LOL

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

That image is so cute. I can't decide whether the PB hedgies or teddies are the cutest. I've got some of the fun cow images too.

I'm waiting to see the photo of the crafty stash you must surely have acquired at The Glitter Pot!

Hugs, Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Love the cards but then there weren't any I didn't like that were on display on Saturday. I reckon you were really bad on Sat. as lets face it, it is really hard to be good when faced with all those lovely crafting goodies at the glitter pot. Sara Bailey xx

Kim Dellow said...

Totally gorgeous, lovely colouring. I've noticed the same thing with the stardust pen - so it isn't just me! Kim

Bluefairy4U said...

Kay the colouring is absolutely stunning. I must say the basket looks so real and alive and the apples well good enough to eat !!!
Love to all Jox

Sally H said...

That is so very very cute! I love it! I guess you might have had more than one bag coming home from the glitter pot! I'm off to Sir stampalot at the weekend, so I'm definitely going to be very bad!

Lou said...

Hi! Kay mes love this so much, those apples look perfect and just so sweet all.hugs Lou.xx
have you made room for those new crafty treats yet? :o)

Sharon G said...

Hi Kay,

I think Tracy and I must have some sort of psychic link going on as I also ordered the teddy set (plus the hedgehog stamp in your sneak peak of course. I think you are seriously leading us astray Ms Carley!!

As to what you might have come home with this weekend - I am sure there will be one or two little treats! (Can't wait to see whatyou got!)

Sharon G

Kay Carley said...

Hi guys! So glad you liked the card and the colouring of the image.

It seems that you all think that I was VERY bad then at The Glitter Pot. Are you right then?.......wait and see!!

Sharon - I definitely can't help it if your will power is on about the same level as mine - lol!!

By the way I am very jealous of both Sally and Tracy as it seems you are off to see Sir Stampalot. I haven't visited since they've moved premises so do say hello to Janice and Andy for me and give them my love.

Kay xx

Julie said...

Like the card? I love it. Such a cute image. xxx

Linda said...

Hi Kay,

This is the link I promised you at the Craft Barn yesterday:
http://lindascards.blogspot.com/2010/06/bluebell-walk-30th-may-2010.html
also:
http://lindascards.blogspot.com/2010/06/seaside-fun.html

Good to see you again - you looked very busy :)
Linda