Friday 5 November 2010

The Stamp Man's Christmas Challenge

Hi folks. Today is the start of the Christmas challenge over on The Stamp Man's Challenge Blog.  I'm sure by now that most of you have already made a start on making some Christmas cards so why not pop on over to the Challenge Blog and see how you can enter the Christmas challenge?

This is the card that I made for this challenge using my Flitter Flutter Snowflakes stamp sheet (which is currently on offer over at The Stamp Man). I love the fact that the snowflakes are so easy to add colour to!  I started by sticking purple and aqua card to a white square card then I stamped and embossed the snowflake background (from this sheet) all over a piece of vellum using a white inkpad and detail white embossing powder.  (I just love the look of vellum as it gives such a soft look to your cards which I think is ideal for snowflakes!)

Next I stamped the large snowflake and one of the smaller ones onto white card using black StazOn. I coloured them using Sakura Stardust pens, cut them out and mounted the little snowflake onto the larger snowflake before mounting onto the card.

I hope you like it!

12 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

Lovely card Kay, and nice to see a creation using your own stamp range!!

Sharon x

Brenda Brown said...

Snowflakes are my favourite Kay and this is gorgeous. Love the colours too.
Hope you enjoy bonfire weekend.
Luv Brenda xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Kay it's gorgeous, just love Christmas and this card is so Christmassy, have a lovely weekend:0) xx

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, love the colour combo and the simple layout. I've lost count of how many snowflake stamps I have (including this set!). They say every snowflake is unique and I seem to be intent on buying every snowflake stamp out there lol!

Went to the NEC on the opening day and managed to be fairly restrained. Most of my spends went on Butterfly Kisses stamps, Lavinia stamps, Lili of the Valley and Wow! Embossing Powders including a Bright White. My crafty friend and I got there about 9:30am and left about 4:30pm.

It's too wet here to go out to the local firework display, so I'm going to stay in and make some Christmas cards.

Hugs, Pauline x

Sarah Anderson said...

I love it! The vellum adds a beautiful softness and the colours are gorgeous! Such a pretty card :)

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline.

I too collect snowflake stamps - I just love them along with snowmen stamps too!

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the NEC. Somewhere like that you really do need to devote the whole day there don't you? It's such a large show and the Crafts For Christmas is well worth a look too!

Hope the Christmas cardmaking went well!

Lv Kay xx

Lisa said...

Wonderful card Kay, I love the colours!

chris said...

KAY I JUST LOVE THIS.
hugs chris xx

lisa said...

I love these snowflakes, Kay and you've used my favourite colours again. Snowflakes are so Christmasss aren't they. I intend to use them on my cards this year!!
Hugs Lisax

Julie said...

Wow love the colours, beautiful card. xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous snowflake card and beautiful colours too :o)
hugs and xxx

Sue said...

This is lovely Kay - seems like we all have a growing collection of snowflake stamps :o) x