Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Underwater

Hi everyone.  Thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my last post!!

Today I thought I'd share another card I made for The Craft Barn's Extravaganza weekend using another Gorjuss Girl - this time Awashed from the clear stamp set range.  The main card was made from thick acetate.

I made the background paper myself using Broken China, Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage Distress inkpads along with Perfect Pearl Mists in Mint, Pearl and Turquoise.  Once it had dried I stamped and embossed flourishes (Artemio Arabesque clear stamp set) using Versamark and White Detail embossing powder.

Other products used:
Nestabilities - Labels Seventeen
Memory Box - Flutter Vine
Tim Holtz Alteration On The Edge Die - Scrollwork
Silver and Crystal glitter glue
White Opal liquid pearls
Self-adhesive crystals

Here's a piccie just of the inside panel so you can see how I stamped and embossed the flourishes onto the mermaid panel as well.

Copics used:
Skin - E000, E00 E01, R20
Hair - E50, E53, E55, E57
Mermaid - YG0000, BG0000, BG01, BG05, BG09
Seashells - RV0000, R81, R85, W1, W3
Sea - BG0000, BG01, BG05, BG10, BG11, BG90, 0
Shading - W1, W3, W5


All products used came from The Craft Barn and talking of The Craft Barn you might like to check out their Facebook site too :)

9 comments:

Bluefairy4U said...

Morning Kay, This was my favourite card will definitely try making one myself ha ha . Love to all Jo :) xxxx

Whisper said...

Wow, what an amazing work of art, Luv Sam x

Craftnut said...

This is amazing Kay - you are very clever! Tracy xx

Lou said...

Hi! this is so lovely,you are very creative Kay- such gorgeous detail and colouring too.
Hope you have caught up on some rest and maybe even sat in the sun :))))
hugs Lou.xxxx

Faye said...

Wow, this is amazingly detailed and very pretty. xx

sallysbitz said...

This is a Gorgeous card. Love all your techniques & detail x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Louise said...

Wow kay beautiful card and love the design
Hugs louise xx

Chris said...

Hi Kay, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Simply gorgeous Kay, I love all the layers and acetate!!:0) Gay xxx