Tuesday 10 May 2011

Stepped Easel Card

Morning everyone.  Today I'm sharing my second and last card that I have made for the Belles 'n' Whistles Challenge Blog as part of my guest dt work.  The challenge this time around is called Shaping Up For May Flowers.  To find out what it is all about click here to go and visit the BnW Challenge Blog.

For this challenge I thought I'd make a stepped easel card which I think worked out quite well.  I have photographed it at a slight angle so that you can see what I did. I used the BnW Wishes stamp for my main image along with some green Basic Grey backing paper, the Magnolia Lovely Fence DooHickey Die, Prima flowers to decorate, the Martha Stewart Flower Patch edging punch and the Frond Branch punch.

Here's a closer look at the front step of the card where I used the Flower Patch edging punch and hand drew the grass.

Here you can see the fence die a bit better which I coloured using Copic markers.  I also coloured and shaped the punched out Frond Branch pieces before sticking them into place.

And here is a close up of the main image which I stamped with black Versafine onto watercolour card and coloured using Distress inks.

I hope you like it!

Belles 'n' Whistles Wishes clear stamp and Martha Stewart punches came from The Craft Barn.

Magnolia Lovely Fence Doohickey Die and Prima flowers came from The Glitter Pot.

17 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a fab stepper card Kay. Hope you're feeling better.
Hugs, Sandra

Michelle said...

This is amazing Kay, so very clever. You've used those die and punches to create a superb scene, really spectacular and love how you've used the stepped card.
Hope you're feeling well
x Michelle

Craftnut said...

beautiful Kay xx

Fleur said...

Kay this is so pretty. It's gorgeous
Hugz Fleur xXx

Pauline said...

Wow Kay! The card is fabulous. So pretty and the dies/punches have been used to fantastic effect.

I do hope that you bring it with you to the Craft Barn Extravaganza so that I can have a look up close and personal :-)

Take care, hugs Pauline x

The Little Stamper said...

I love this card Kay, and you have put so much lovely detail in to it!

I really like the stepped easel card too.

Sharon x

Rita said...

What a Fantastic card Kay. Your work is awesome. Hugs Rita xx

chris said...

Oh My goodness this is what I call a absolute stunner.
I ADORE IT.
hope you are feeling well hugs chris xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Kay, This is so pretty all the detail is just amazing, beautiful colours and flowers, I love it.
Hope you're feeling well :0) xxx

Sally H said...

Oh wow! That is so stunning! I love how you used the border punch! Gorgeous!

Mags said...

oh Gosh - that is so pretty. I shall have to think outisde the box and try and do a stepped easel card.

Mags

Lou said...

A really pretty card Kay,such a sweet image and with all of your gorgeous detail- just perfect.
Hope you are doing ok?
hugs Lou.xx

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Kay, what can I say that the others haven't absolutely stunning. Will email you. Lots of love JO.xxx

Louise said...

Wow Kay fab card just so much detail and all so beautiful,just wanted to say loved your cards in Craft Stamper also.
Louise xx

Faye said...

Wow, Kay, this is just so beautiful. I've just spent ages admiring all the little details. Everytime I look I notice something else. x

Jacki Daniels said...

Kay I have just found your blog and althoughyou haven't been on in while I thought I would leave a comment as I think your cards are stunning all of them this one is so sweet I am now following so hope to see more of your beautiful creations
Jacki xx

Angela Weimer said...

This is stunning Kay. It is so pleasing to the eye and I love how you layered everything. So perfect and serene. Love the image too. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela